12/11/08

Heigan the Hobo

Wow. No one ever said blogging would be easy. I just never figured it'd be this hard. Work's been rather busy, so I've not been able to devote the time I've wanted to this blog. But fear not! I've had a post cooking up for some time now!

I would imagine you have started tanking Naxx. And if you're luckier then me, you've completed Naxx. My guild is having some problems, but that's another post for another time. First off, let me say that I love Naxxramas. The instance is fun, challenging, and the different strategies on the bosses always has me looking forward to the encounters.

One encounter I love, not only because he drops Staff of the Plaguebeast, but also because it's so unique, is Heigan the Unclean. It's a simple fight once you know the mechanics, but I am finding guildmates that still have a tough time with Heigan. WoWwiki has a good strategy (read it, it's good!), but I'd like to expand upon what they've already relayed.

The Heigan battleground can be separated into four zones. Each zone is a safe spot for when he does his mass AOE that bubbles up from the floor. Area 1 and Area 4 of his AE are straight-forward. Area 1 is right by the entrance and area 4 is the farthest zone away. In the below image keep your party below the line. I often tank Heigan parallel to the line. When you and your party goes back to this area during Phase two, be sure to not travel too far below the line. This will make transitioning to area 2 tough, as you will have more ground to cover.


There are some key focal points in area 2 and 3, though, that will make this fight easier. I find directing fellow players to these stones will help them with establishing the right safe zone for each AOE.

This circular stone, closest to the entrance, is an excellent landmark. I've highlighted it in yellow. As you can see in the picture, there is a natural green outline that makes this an easily identifiable safe spot


Area 3 has a similar stone that I run to every time. It's easy to distinguish through all of the chaos. It's not dissimilar to area 2's stone.


Area four is simply beyond the safe zone in area 3.

All in all, Heigan is an easy and straight-forward fight. The biggest challenge is simply knowing where to be at the right time. During Phase two he unleashes his AOE a lot quicker, so it's a matter of moving from safe spot to spot in quick succession. After one or two tries, and reading my blog, you'll be on to victory in no time. :D

If you're like me, you'll go 0 for 3 in Staff of the Plaguebeast dropping.

Until the next Faerie Fire pull...

-Lushious

No comments:

 
Love All Animals
World of Warcraft is a copyright of Blizzard Entertainment. All rights are reserved and no willful infringement upon their intellectual property is intended. Any content that serves to undermine this mission goal will be promptly removed, upon the copyright holder's request. All additional content is the intellectual work of the author.