2/27/09

My Work Related Cop Out

Work is crazy and hectic today, so gone is the planned post. In its place, though, is a recommendation to read Kalon's latest entry.

My official commentary on this change is that I can only wonder what my role will be in Ulduar. At this point, with the ~6k armor nerf and now a ~3k health nerf, what serious guild is going to pick a Druid bear to tank when Warriors, Paladins, and DKs will be so much better.

I'm already having a tough time, as I pull about 5.5k TPS, whereas the warrior and Pally tank in my guild are pushing at least 2k more. And believe me, it's not for a lack of trying on my part.

I get more and more disheartened about being a bear tank with each successive Lich King patch. I am, though, addicted to being a bear. I will not give up so easily, Blizzard, even in the face of genocide*!

Until the next Faerie Fire pull...

-Lushious

* Added for dramatic effect.

4 comments:

Karthis said...

You mean "Kalon"..... ;) Not Karthis.

Also, see the comment I just put up there now.... the sky might not be falling - we need to wait and see. *crosses paws*

Unknown said...

I was just going to say "Kalon", but it looks like the real Karthis beat me to it.

On a side note, I'm glad to hear someone else is noticing a threat difference of bears vs other tanks. I was going crazy.

I'm used to handily beating them, but lately I've noticed I'm hard pressed to keep up. I first noticed this on the Patchwerk fight. I am the hateful strike tank and a warrior MTs. I start my threat cycle just a hair after the warrior does and he is leaving me in the dust. Even with my full bore threat cycle I can't keep up/catch up. It's not like I'm in just heroic/crafted gear. I'm a mix of of Naxx(10&25)/heroic/badge/crafted gear, but pretty close to best in class in all slots. My expertise is high, but my hit rating is a bit low in bear gear. I've done a few things to compensate there, but haven't noticed a significant impact on the thread differential.

Willowbear

Lushious said...

I'll blame the orphaned server that I can't remove from my AD tree as the reason for erroneously labeling Kalon as "Karthis." :P

I'm still anxiously awaiting a blue response on this, though. It doesn't quite seem like them, does it?

Dodge said...

I honestly commend you all on sticking with your druids. As for me I have leveled up my DK (I know, insert groan here) to 80 and have her spec'd Unholy tank. I have to say on TPS, she is much easier to hold threat with than my druid, even with worse gear. It's infuriating because I miss my bear! Oh well, we'll see where bears and DK's fit in after 3.1; you never know. But no, you all aren't crazy; bear TPS is hard to manage especially compared to other tanks.

On a side note, I also have a level 70 warrior who is protection spec'd. When my wife asked me why I have so many tanks I told her it was because I wanted to have at least one viable tank after each freaking patch.

Cheers!

 
Love All Animals
World of Warcraft is a copyright of Blizzard Entertainment. All rights are reserved and no willful infringement upon their intellectual property is intended. Any content that serves to undermine this mission goal will be promptly removed, upon the copyright holder's request. All additional content is the intellectual work of the author.