12/29/08

The Ease of It

A month ago I'd be hard pressed to state that Lich King's content was "easy." I was wiping multiple times in Heroics and my 10-man Naxx group couldn't topple Instructor Razuvious, explicitly marketed as being "the easiest boss in all of Naxxramas." No, I felt that the content was challenging enough and would tide me over well until the Ulduar content patch hit.

Fast forward to today where I've had two back-to-back complete runs of Heroic Naxxramas, am in possession of two pieces of tier 7.5, and the only challenge I face now is whether or not the healz I bring in with me to 10-man Naxx are competent enough to finish the job. Lich King's endgame content is too easy. There, I said it.

By the time I started playing WoW, guilds had already cleared Blacktemple and were fastidiously progressing in Sunwell Plateau. Though that's not to say that I didn't hear of the challenges that awaited people in the Sunwell. Either way, to this date, I still have never completed Blacktemple or Serpetshrine Cavern. Karazhan took some time and certainly was not bested by me within three weeks. So, I'm certainly not the best of the best in any shape, way, or form.

Yet here I am sitting happily upon my spoils of war. Defender's Code, Staff of the Plague Beast, and T7.5 Helm all rest easily on my loins. Sure I may not have Origin of Nightmares yet, but it is only a matter of time.

Really, the point I'm trying to make is that I am blowing through the content and acquiring wicked gear at an unprecedented rate. Sure, luck has a big part in the gear acquisitions, but not in terms of how me and my guild is progressing. And remember, this is the same guild that could not even complete Blacktemple, even after Patch 3.0.

Lich King is, simply put, retardo-easy. Malygos being the exception, but even then I'm sure his defeat will be right around the corner for my lackluster guildmates.

One last point to make. It took me nearly three months of continued Karazhan runs to acquire Tier 4 helm. And it only took me one Heroic Naxx run to get T7.5 helm. ><

Until the next Faerie Fire pull...

-Lushious

No comments:

 
Love All Animals
World of Warcraft is a copyright of Blizzard Entertainment. All rights are reserved and no willful infringement upon their intellectual property is intended. Any content that serves to undermine this mission goal will be promptly removed, upon the copyright holder's request. All additional content is the intellectual work of the author.