12/30/08

High-Rollers Only

I had this fantastic post planned about why I chose to be a druid in World of Warcraft. It was going to be good, I promise you. You'd have felt a bond with me; connected in a way you never had before. We might have even virtually hugged.

But then I stumbled upon something on my server last night. I cannot simply describe it as anything less than an abomination upon mankind. "Heinous" is not a strong enough word. Some of these ill feelings may also stem from jealousy. I won't admit it if they are, though.

As a Druid bear, two trinkets right now ought to make your balls shrivel (and if you don't have balls, just pretend you feel them shriveling up and tightening against your body). Defender's Code and Darkmoon Card: Greatness. Sure, there are other trinkets that are good, too, but these two beauties are so hard to come by and so powerful, how could you not want to hold them, forever caressing their soft skin?

I've been lucky to have gotten a Defender's Code drop. What I've not been so lucky to get is a a profession that helps me achieve the nobles deck. So, the only way for me to get this trinket is to do one of the following:

1) Buy the mats and have Doublevision's alt craft me a random card and pray I get a full deck eventually.
2) Buy the nobles cards from the auction house or trade chat.
3) Buy the full deck from the auction hour or trade chat.

Let me address these in order. Option number one makes the most sense. Double's a lifelong friend of mine and has said he'd have no problem crafting the cards for me. Of course, though, I'll be getting all sorts of random cards from each crafting and am not guaranteed a nobles card. The Nobles deck is by far the best for just about any class, so I foresee having a tough time selling cards that aren't nobles. The mats, in total, equate to about 750g on my server. This is the cheapest option, though maybe not in the long run if my luck isn't so lucky.

Option two caters to my American blood best. I want it and I want it now. So I just simply drop my currency on the cards and dance all the way to the Darkmoon Faire. The cards on my server go for 1500 to 2000 gold buyout on the auction house. Second cheapest option.

Option three is really just an extension of option two. However, remember that "abomination of mankind" I spoke of earlier? Yeah, it took me a while to get there, but option three specifically addresses this.

31000 gold buyout.

Darkmoon Card: Greatness.

On my server.

I had to pick my jaw up off of the floor.

Some people may have this kind of gold laying around their pockets, just waiting to be spent. I do not. And I'd like to consider myself well off when it comes to WoW gold. But 31000 gold is something I wish I had right now.

Now let's just say I opted for option two and paid 2000g a card. That comes to 16000g. That's a lot of gold. And surely it's an inflated price. I would like to meet the sucker, err... buyer that spends 31000g on that deck, though. I just know that sucker... err, buyer, sadly, won't be me.

Until the next Faerie Fire pull...

-Lushious

No comments:

 
Love All Animals
World of Warcraft is a copyright of Blizzard Entertainment. All rights are reserved and no willful infringement upon their intellectual property is intended. Any content that serves to undermine this mission goal will be promptly removed, upon the copyright holder's request. All additional content is the intellectual work of the author.