2/24/09

Howdy, Stranger

Wow. A lot sure can happen in a month's time. Just a quick recap of where I've been and what my Azeroth adventures have led me to:

* Left my stalemate of a guild to join one that is equally serious about progression as I am. My first week in the guild had my tanking Sarth with three drakes up and led us to our first 3 drake victory.
* I am now best in slot, except for Origin of Nightmares and Gatekeeper.
* I've been working a LOT. This has been counter-productive to my blogging, as any free time has been spent playing the game and not writing about it.
* In my guild I've had to cat-scratch a lot of bosses, when not tanking. This was met with groans initially, but I've come to enjoy the cat rotation now.
* I snagged the Nobles Deck in just one week after posting High Rollers Only. And at the cost of only 8000 gold before the changes to Inscriptionist's ink!

As things begin to wind down in my work life, I should find myself posting more often. On the plus side, WoW news is aplenty right now.

3.1 hit the PTR today. I've had just about 15 minutes to play with it. I wish I had more, but I've been encountering nasty memory crashes every 3 minutes. So, I cannot offer any opinions on the fun stuff, like swimming mounts or dual-specs, but I can speak about the following:

I lost about 6000 armor in bear form with the redone Survival of the Fittest. That stings really, really, really badly right now. I'm sure as I begin to acquire the latest Ulduar gear I'll work my way back to the 33,000 armor I had before the patch.

Yes, I'm still putting stock in armor. I'm not too worried about my crit chance, since I'm already of the mindset of stacking agility. I think as long as I keep my current mindset of stacking armor, health, and agility I'll be in a good place for Savage Defense.

Goodbye Outfitter. Blizzard's new outfitter-esque interface item is awesome. It sits in the Character item screen, in the upper right-hand corner. Ala Outfitter. It works the same way, really. I am of the mentality that the less Add-ons running, the better. So, any opportunity to replace a Group Calendar or an Outfitter is a good thing in my eyes.

Get ready to replace Trollwoven Girdle with Death-warmed Belt.

Until the next Faerie Fire pull...

-Lushious

No comments:

 
Love All Animals
World of Warcraft is a copyright of Blizzard Entertainment. All rights are reserved and no willful infringement upon their intellectual property is intended. Any content that serves to undermine this mission goal will be promptly removed, upon the copyright holder's request. All additional content is the intellectual work of the author.