8/1/12

How 'Bout Another Go? Part I

See that post right below this, dated a little over three years ago? Not only was that the last post for this once and mighty Bear, but it was also the end of his WoW career... until now.

The new chapter of this bear's tale starts with a girl. And technically an officemate, but there's more literary ingenuity to put emphasis on the girl first.

So, this tale starts with a girl. And this girl plays World of Warcraft. She has been raiding since Vanilla, loves to heal, and is a Druid. And she is good!

Being the Bear that I am, and we all know bears have a natural affinity for trees (for purposes other than scratching one's butt upon), I was being drawn more and more into asking her about WoW. Every tale she spun, every encounter she relayed, my mouth began to water and my hands began to shake. The allure for a game I had missed for far too long washed over me like the river while salmon hunting.

And after much flip-flopping, she dropped a Scroll of Resurrection right in my inbox.

Lushious was reborn on 07/26/2012, like the all mighty and mystical zombie. And I dinged 85 four days later. Now, mere days beyond that, I find myself at iLVL 361.

This girl, who I shall from here on refer to as "Sattler*," has not only helped me ding 85, but has face-rollingly aided me on most of my Heroic Dungeon runs.

My, how this game has changed! The WoW I left behind is not the WoW I encounter now. Which is good news to you, my dear long lost one reader, as this now affords plenty of white space for me to dribble inane analyses of a bunch of ever-changing pixels on my screen!

Stay tuned for Part 2 of my harrowing origin tale (now rebooted, ala Hollywood). It features action, adventure, romance, my officemate, and getting my bear claws callused with tanking once more!

Until the next Faerie Fire pull...

-Lushious

* Names, as always, have been changed to protect the innocent. And, of course, because it's more fun to give someone a nickname!

No comments:

 
Love All Animals
World of Warcraft is a copyright of Blizzard Entertainment. All rights are reserved and no willful infringement upon their intellectual property is intended. Any content that serves to undermine this mission goal will be promptly removed, upon the copyright holder's request. All additional content is the intellectual work of the author.