8/2/12

How 'Bout Another Go? Part II

Last time, my dear long lost one reader, I could not wait to hop on here and tell you all about my new venture into Azeroth. I spoke of Sattler, and how she wooed me with her abilities to mend any wound. And mentioned a mysterious officemate that would play into the story. And, lastly, I spoke of putting my skinny little bear behind (remember, we're not fat, just 80% fur) on the line once more to ensure the victory of myself and four others.

Today I talk about that lone and mysterious officemate.

Two months ago I landed myself a wonderful job. Over eight months of overly complicated applications, rejection letters, and final round interviews (followed by more rejection letters), I found myself the Server Administrator of a higher educational institute. A dream job for an IT bear, such as myself. I couldn't wait for my first day! And on that first day, I found out, to my dismay, I'd be sharing an office, after previously enjoying four long years of wonderful solitude at my previous employer.

We'll call him "Himey." Himey, I quickly found out, loves video games almost as much as me. The work days flew by as we discussed the finer points of graphics, A.I., and shooting aliens and looking cool while doing it. And then he dropped a bombshell on me: He, too, was a recovering World of Warcraft addict.

"We have to be strong for each other, Himey. I'll make sure you don't play WoW again and you do the same for me," I said to him one day.

We've failed each other.

To my credit, Himey would talk of WoW every day. Our discussions would turn to what we did when we used to play, what has changed since, and what to expect in the future for the game. Half a day was once spent entirely on Transmogrification (expect a blog post about this!). Another on how much Himey loved PvP.

And then I failed him: he relogged. And then not only did he talk about WoW, but he started sending me screencaps! How could I resist the beautiful allure of Deepholm and Vashj'ir?!

Sattler in one ear and Himey in the other. The curiosity to experience the game again weighed too heavily on me. And so the rest is history.

Stay tuned for next time, as I relay my experience of transforming into bear form after three long years! Until the next Faerie Fire pull...

-Lushious

No comments:

 
Love All Animals
World of Warcraft is a copyright of Blizzard Entertainment. All rights are reserved and no willful infringement upon their intellectual property is intended. Any content that serves to undermine this mission goal will be promptly removed, upon the copyright holder's request. All additional content is the intellectual work of the author.