11/17/08

Rend and Tear

Yesterday afternoon I reached level 76 with my best friend, Doublevision (you will surely hear more about this joker). This was quite a moment for me. I had, at that point, reached the apex of my journey into Northrend.

Double and I, like 95% of you, picked up Lich King at midnight on 11/13/08 and then drove as fast as we possible could (never exceeding the speed limit, officer!) to install the game as fast as our DVD-Roms would spin. 16 cans of Bawls, 14 frozen pizzas, and a slew of frozen asian food later we had toppled six levels and had only experienced Howling Fjord, Bornea Tundra, and Dragonblight. Our plan was simple, yet extremely effective: Never leave an area until we either got the achievement or there were no more quests to be had (they normally went hand in hand).

Once I turned 72 I knew exactly where I was going to spend my next five talent points, which led to me awaiting finally reaching 76. Yes, Rend and Tear. Why was I, and still am, excited for the ability?

At five points my maul will hit bleeding targets for an additional 20% damage. Holy cow! Maul already hits for a ton of damage and generates pretty beefy amount of threat. Sure, maybe not as much as mangle, but with a nice size can of Rage, a Mangle, Lacerate, Maul combination is huge. I'm no theory-crafter, but I can safely say the threat generated by that combo is nasty. Almost too nasty.

Until the next Faerie Fire pull...

-Lushious

No comments:

 
Love All Animals
World of Warcraft is a copyright of Blizzard Entertainment. All rights are reserved and no willful infringement upon their intellectual property is intended. Any content that serves to undermine this mission goal will be promptly removed, upon the copyright holder's request. All additional content is the intellectual work of the author.